About the job
Adiona's APIs and apps are used to power millions of efficient product deliveries around the world for brands like Coca-Cola, Amazon, BP, Marley Spoon, and many more. The name Adiona is the Roman Goddess of the Return Journey, and you'll see her influence in everything we do; from our use of advanced ML to empower lowest-carbon logistics to the way our tech stack has been optimised by design for low running resources and cost.
Our values revolve around efficiency, integrity, transparency, inclusivity, and creating "triple wins" for businesses, invividuals, and our planet. We are a fast-growing privately funded scale-up with a small core team in Sydney and a growing team overseas.
This full time role will be in-office near Broadway, Sydney at least 2 days/week to start, with more WFH flexibility later.
Working directly for our CTO, you will take ownership of our cloud infrastructure and aligned services to help us scale globally while maintaining enterprise-grade quality and reliability.
- Cloud infrastructure in GCP, Cloud Run (serverless), Cloud Functions, & Firebase. Experience in AWS or Azure is welcome if you can learn the relevant equivalent stack in GCP
- NoSQL databases (Datastore).
- Express / TS / Node
- API endpoint development and maintenance. Robustness and minimising downtime.
- 3rd Party API load balancing and queueing. As our request volume increases, how do we ensure consistency and max uptime? How do we spread services across multiple providers to optimise cost?
- Cloud Functions: optimisation and load balancing (queueing) for requests and messaging internally to our apps and engine.
Working together to build a team for:
- Data security, pen testing, etc. Managing 3rd parties to put us on the path to SOC2 and ISO compliance.
- Growing and managing a small overseas team for DevOps, testing, and app development.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in similar cloud environments.
- Demonstrated levels of responsiblity and ownership of a tech stack.
- Experience in Agile model, using JIRA, sprint planning, etc.
- Commitment to qualty and TDD ethos.
More about Adiona
People are flocking to live in cities at an increasing rate. Cities are struggling under the weight of increasing congestion, gentrification, and the growth of eCommerce. And the transport sector contributes the highest single share of greenhouse gas emissions globally. Modern technology including AI and commercial mathematics in the cloud can help offset a significant portion of these problems. Adiona is dedicated to that potential.
🏆 2022 Tech For Good Climate Action Finalist
🏆 2022 Post and Parcel International Last-Mile Innovation Finalist
🏆 2021 Supply Chain and Logistics Association of Australia's Startup of the Year
🏆 2021 Investment NSW Grant Winner
🏆 Australian Research Council Grant Winner with UNSW
🏆 ACS Best New Disruptive Tech Platform