As a Research Associate you will work collaboratively to improve and expand route planning and optimising solutions for large-scale pickup and delivery vehicle routing. This position will give you the opportunity to develop your research skills and output through contributing to the writing of scientific papers and reports for international journals, participating in conferences and workshops and actively engaging with industry partners.
This role reports to Associate Professor Meead Saberi Kalaee at the University of New South Wales Research Centre for Integrated Transport Innovation (rCITI) and has no direct reports.
- Salary, Level A - $100,318 to $107,299 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed-term contract – 12 months
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
The Research Centre for Integrated Transport Innovation (rCITI) is based in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of New South Wales, Sydney and represents a strategic effort that unites and extends the wide range of transport research across the university campus. We are dedicated to pursuing high level, interdisciplinary transport research and development through investigation of sustainable approaches to transport infrastructure and operations, while pursuing extensive liaison with industry and government. For more information visit - https://www.rciti.unsw.edu.au/
Skills & Experience
- PhD (or soon to be awarded) in operations research, optimisation, transport engineering or computer science.
- Experience and advanced knowledge in logistics route planning and optimisation.
- Demonstrated expertise in computer programming with Python/MATLAB and relevant libraries such as Pyomo and AMPL.
- Advanced understating in real-time and large-scale optimisation techniques preferably in the logistics and routing optimisation context.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability for effective industry relationship management, especially the ability to analyse and come up with solutions for urgent customers’ needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Proven ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
- Be interested in expanding the models/algorithms to support delivery with electric fleet.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this position can be found in the position description.